Eye surgery can be a life changing procedure. The transformation that comes when you no longer need to deal with glasses and contacts and can see perfectly is priceless…well, maybe not quite priceless.
LASIK eye surgery is a treatment option for people dealing with myopia, astigmatism, and hyperopia. It corrects vision, sometimes restoring it to 20/20. However, the surgery is not cheap.
Those who can’t afford the surgery may look into other options like medical tourism of India. India is a country that is known for providing high quality care at prices that are much lower than what is being charged in western countries. Eye surgery is one of their many specialties.
Read on to find out more about what you can expect when you opt for eye surgery treatment in India.
The cost of eye surgery in India is much lower than it is in western countries like the United States. While prices may vary according to the required treatment, U.S. prices generally range from $2,000 to $3,000 per eye. The cost is not covered by insurance because it’s considered an elective surgery.
In India, eye surgery costs between 20,000 to 90,000 INS. For those not familiar with the exchange rate, that’s between just about $250 and $1,250 per eye.
Wide Variety of Treatments Available
India’s doctors are trained in all aspects of eye surgery and provide a wide variety of treatments including the following:
· Customized Femtosecond LASIK
· ReLex Smile
· Optimized LASIK surgery
· Customized LASIK Surgery
· Laser Blended Vision Treatment for Correcting Age Related and Nearsighted Vision
Hospitals of the Highest Standard
Medical care in India is extremely low cost, but the quality is comparable to the finest available anywhere in the world. Their hospitals have well trained medical staffs that use state of the art equipment. They are up to date on the latest research and innovative processes.
Patients will receive high quality customer care. Most providers are fluent in English and can deal with any questions or concerns you may have. The rooms are comfortable and accommodating. Patients are seen immediately and aftercare is available via virtual appointments once you arrive home.
Here are some hospitals that are recommended for their top notch eye care treatments.
· Dr. R.P. Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences A.I.I.M.S. – New Delhi: This hospital was established in 1967 to provide state of the art medical care, expand medical education and find eye health solutions.
· Eye 7 – New Delhi: This chain of super specialty ophthalmology hospitals provides affordable, quality eye care services.
· L.V. Prasad Eye Hospital – Hyderabad: This center specializes in eye health and ocular tissue engineering research.
· Sankar Netralaya – Chennai: This nonprofit hospital has been described as “the best managed charitable organization in India.”
· Aravind Eye Hospital – Madurai: With several locations throughout India, the Aravind Hospital has performed millions of eye surgeries with most of them being very cheap or free.
If you have dreamed of having perfect vision but can’t afford eye surgery, medical tourism in India may be your best option. They offer great care, a variety of services, and prices that can’t be beat.